Located in the heart of downtown Knoxville is Cafe 4, a pioneer of modern food and drinks
An urban retreat
Cafe 4 entered the downtown scene almost a decade ago, truly becoming a pioneer in Knoxville's substantial urban revitalization. Unbelievable to those who have only seen Market Square in its enlivened state, downtown Knoxville was anything but desirable at the time of Cafe 4's founding. The restaurant was birthed from a desire to bring hospitality and high quality local fare to the heart of Market Square. Our recipes and menu items are brought to life with much attention to detail, flavor and presentation. Our core value of serving with excellence is executed from the kitchen right to your table.
It is our great pleasure to announce the grand opening of The Mezz - Cocktail Lounge at Cafe 4. We make handcrafted cocktails. What does that mean? It starts with the right spirits and the right glassware. We hand squeeze fresh juices from lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruits. Our beverages are made according to tradition. What should be shaken is shaken and what should be stirred is stirred. To add complexity, depth and taste, we make an array of infusions, syrups and mixers... all in-house. Finally, we take extra care with our garnishes to insure your cocktail is an experience, not just a drink.
Swing by for a cup of locally roasted coffee, a hand crafted cocktail or dine with us. You're sure to be greeted with southern hospitality and urban flavor.
To stay up to date on our latest specials and menu items, be sure to like us on Facebook. You can also find us on Twitter and Instagram.
4 Market Square
Knoxville, TN 37902
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Half Price Drafts
Wednesday Half Price Bottles of Wine
Friday and Saturday (4-7 PM) $5 Appetizers in the Mezz
Call (865) 544–4144 or book online with OpenTable.
Our reservation policies are explained below.
- Reservations are accepted by phone and a limited number through OpenTable.com.
Reservations are accepted but must be made with at least 2 hours advance notice of your reservation time. No reservations are accepted past 4:00 pm on Friday and Saturdays.
- There may be times where an employee states that a manager must call back to confirm. Please understand this is done only to ensure proper table spacing times for the day requested.
- If a specific time is blocked via OpenTable please call 865.544.4144
- For larger parties, please call 865.544.4144. All parties larger than 8 must be reserved with a credit card.
- For private rooms or spaces, please call 865.544.4199
Reservation Timing Policy:
- Parties that are late for their reservation time are given a ten minute grace time. Given the limited seating of the restaurant, fifteen minutes late with no contact will void your reservation. Please understand, this is solely due to the size and seating capacity of the restaurant. If you are late, we urge you to contact us so we can make our best effort to accommodate you and your party.
- Due to our limited space and demand, a "No call" and or "No show" will result in a $10 per person charge.
Cocktail Lounge at Cafe 4
We make handcrafted cocktails. We start with the right spirits and the right glassware. We hand squeeze fresh juices from lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruits. Our cocktails are made according to tradition. What should be shaken is shaken, what should be stirred is stirred. To add complexity , depth and taste, we make an array of infusions, shrubs, syrups and mixers...all in house. Come and enjoy the creative talent of resident Mixologist, Chris Williams.